Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

finder : advance search missing in macos catalina

I used to be able to set search criterion in finder using + icon to right of search ,( in finder menu bar). This seems to have disappeared. How do I set search criteria such as date modified, or kind etc

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 1:55 PM

Refer to Narrow your search results on Mac, for improved searching techniques.

As an example, let's say I want to search for a PDF that was created between Jun 1 2019 and now, and the name of the PDF contains the string reward:

kind:pdf created:06/01/2019-06/28/2020 name:reward

This assumes that you have Spotlight enabled and indexing your startup drive, and that in System Preferences : Spotlight : Search Results , you have PDF Documents selected.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 1:55 PM in response to mandywr

Refer to Narrow your search results on Mac, for improved searching techniques.

As an example, let's say I want to search for a PDF that was created between Jun 1 2019 and now, and the name of the PDF contains the string reward:

kind:pdf created:06/01/2019-06/28/2020 name:reward

This assumes that you have Spotlight enabled and indexing your startup drive, and that in System Preferences : Spotlight : Search Results , you have PDF Documents selected.

finder : advance search missing in macos catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.