Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost pages documents

Hi, so basically I did a lot of revision work on Pages and saved it to iCloud, now the folders they were in and even the backup folders are there but the documents are nowhere to be seen, any help would be appreciated thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 5:09 AM

Were they in iCloud Drive? If yes, look in the Recently Deleted section, and see if they are there. If they are there, then you can recover them. I am assuming they are not on your Mac in the obvious places. So use this document to see if they are in a folder named Mobile Documents: How to access iCloud files from your Mac https://www.macworld.com/article/2310807/how-to-access-icloud-files-from-your-mac.html

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 5:09 AM in response to xander277

Were they in iCloud Drive? If yes, look in the Recently Deleted section, and see if they are there. If they are there, then you can recover them. I am assuming they are not on your Mac in the obvious places. So use this document to see if they are in a folder named Mobile Documents: How to access iCloud files from your Mac https://www.macworld.com/article/2310807/how-to-access-icloud-files-from-your-mac.html

Jun 24, 2020 5:56 AM in response to xander277

Yes, I understand. Did you find the Mobile Documents folder? I couldn't get there readily, having not tried to do so in a long time, so I posted the document link. Did you get there? I see the screenshot below. Yuk! When I posted in the iCloud forums, I alway emphasized that everything synced to iCloud/iCloud Drive needs to be well backed up. I always said at least to an external drive and an alternative Cloud such as Dropbox Plus. But, of course everything needs to be backed up at least that way.

Jun 24, 2020 6:26 AM in response to xander277

Are you looking for the Mobile Documents folder in the User Library, not the hard drive level Library? Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J.  When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.  Select Library, then Mobile Documents.

Try iCloud.com/Account Settings using a computer browser and go to Advanced at the bottom left. Access Restore Files.

Lost pages documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.