Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you recover pages documents that aren’t saved to iCloud Drive

I have recently broke my MacBook and I have a lot of pages documents of uni work that are saved in folders but not onto my iCloud Drive. When I look at the pages app on my phone I can see some documents that I’ve saved to iCloud Drive over the years bud the ones I need I can’t find anywhere. Is there anyway I can retrieve any of my work I know it’s all saved it’s just not on drive somehow

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 11:09 AM

If "broke my MacBook" means you have 'no access to the files on your MacBook,'

and if you have not saved backup copies of those documents anywhere else

(such as an external storage device, or an online storage/backup service),

then you have no place from which to retrieve those files.

Depending how 'broke' your MacBook is, it may be possible for a repair service/technician to either fix the 'Book or to connect to it's built in storage device and extract the files from there.

If you have emailed copies of the documents, you may be able to locate and retrieve archived copies from your mail server or from the recipients of those emailed copies.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 11:09 AM in response to Pepper1234_

If "broke my MacBook" means you have 'no access to the files on your MacBook,'

and if you have not saved backup copies of those documents anywhere else

(such as an external storage device, or an online storage/backup service),

then you have no place from which to retrieve those files.

Depending how 'broke' your MacBook is, it may be possible for a repair service/technician to either fix the 'Book or to connect to it's built in storage device and extract the files from there.

If you have emailed copies of the documents, you may be able to locate and retrieve archived copies from your mail server or from the recipients of those emailed copies.

Regards,

Barry

Can you recover pages documents that aren’t saved to iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.