Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On my Mac, printing labels from my contact list insists on printing the last name first. I have OS Catalina

How can I print mailing labels with the first name before the last name from my contact list. There is a template involved which places the last name first. Can I change the template or make a new one somehow?

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 12:28 PM

I just had an idea. The group I was trying to print is a group I created last year, before I upgraded to Catalina.

So I created a new group and lo and behold it gave me labels with the first name first. Whew! So now I have deleted the old group and all is well.

Thanks for all your efforts. I really appreciate them.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 12:28 PM in response to kreyjak

I just had an idea. The group I was trying to print is a group I created last year, before I upgraded to Catalina.

So I created a new group and lo and behold it gave me labels with the first name first. Whew! So now I have deleted the old group and all is well.

Thanks for all your efforts. I really appreciate them.

Jun 24, 2020 8:40 PM in response to FoxFifth

I have done this. I clicked in contacts preferences "Show First Name" "Before Last Name". When I see the list of contacts on my screen it shows them with first name first. But when I print a list or print mailing labels I still get the last name first. I have noted that there is a template for the mailing labels. The template shows the last name first. How can I change the template or create a new template with the first name first?

Jun 25, 2020 11:26 AM in response to FoxFifth

I am printing a group directly from Contacts. When I open Contacts Preferences it shows:

General Acount Template vcard

If I click on Template it shows last name first. That's why I thought that may be where the trouble lies.

I do everything else just the way you described. I did his a year ago without any problem. This problem

has occurred since I installed Catalina. Any other ideas?

On my Mac, printing labels from my contact list insists on printing the last name first. I have OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.