Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create labels with the same address on each of them

The Help instructions include a tip on how to make a sheet of labels all with the same address. Except, it doesn't work. It won't let me copy and paste the same contact into a group like the tip says to do. Am I doing something wrong? Is this something Catalina changed? How do I get this to work?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 10:35 AM

In the Contact User Guide for Mac, Print mailing labels, envelopes, and contact lists in Contacts on Mac. In particular,

The trick is to copy your address card into the unique contact group once, select it, and then copy with ⌘C, then repeat a paste operation ⌘V for as many labels as are on the label sheet. Then select every duplicated entry in that unique contact group, and then visit the print panel, and every label on that sheet will bear your contact info.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 10:35 AM in response to Larry in GA

In the Contact User Guide for Mac, Print mailing labels, envelopes, and contact lists in Contacts on Mac. In particular,

The trick is to copy your address card into the unique contact group once, select it, and then copy with ⌘C, then repeat a paste operation ⌘V for as many labels as are on the label sheet. Then select every duplicated entry in that unique contact group, and then visit the print panel, and every label on that sheet will bear your contact info.

Aug 22, 2020 10:28 AM in response to Larry in GA

Please read the following user tip and restate your question/problem in detail: Writing an Effective Apple Support Communities Question - Apple Community  

Also what system version are you running?

What "tip" are you referring to? Give us a link to it.

What brand labels and size are you wanting to print to? Avery has templates for Word and Pages that you can fill in and use. I use Avery 8660 labels.

Aug 22, 2020 10:41 AM in response to Old Toad

Sorry, the site asked for my computer and operating system so I thought answering those two questions was enough. I'm on a 2018 iMac, running Catalina. The Tip is actually in the Help page for Contacts. There's no link for that, but open Contacts, click help at the top, and type Mailing Labels. Under Print mailing labels there is a paragraph named Print mailing labels. At the bottom of that is the Tip, which says, "Tip: Want to print the same address on a page of labels? Create a group that contains the contact card with the address you want to print. Copy and paste the card in the group as many times as you need. Then select the group and print.

It doesn't work because Contacts won't let me copy and paste the same contact more than once in the same group.

How to create labels with the same address on each of them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.