Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Meaning of iOS camera app icon small white icon with star and frame

Somehow it has escaped me; I've looked in the user guides, and cannot find what the icon means in a photo in the Camera app on iOS means. It's a small white icon with a frame and a star. Can someone explain what that means?

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 7:08 AM

Hello 101010=42,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that you see an unfamiliar icon. I can certainly help you with this!

This article explains the icon you are seeing.

Capture content outside the camera frame on iPhone

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2020 7:08 AM in response to Jagmaracmedeara

Hello 101010=42,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that you see an unfamiliar icon. I can certainly help you with this!

This article explains the icon you are seeing.

Capture content outside the camera frame on iPhone

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

Meaning of iOS camera app icon small white icon with star and frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.