Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Storage is reaching 10.15GB

Hi,

The system storage in my apple (I6) is reaching 10.15GB

I have 16GB in total space in the Iphone and 10.15 of it is being used by System.

System storage has been growing in the last years and I dont understand why its happening. I went to a Apple shop and asked the support staff. But they were not helpful. they asked me to plug the phone to the Itunes app in the computer. But that didnt help at all. the space is still growing...

Please HELP me!!!!

What can be done to reduce the system storage...

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 2:50 AM

System Storage on iPhone 6 includes Other storages.

Watch the GIF below

• Other: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can't be deleted by the system.
  • System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model.

About cached files in "Other"

Finder and iTunes categorize cached music, videos, and photos as Other instead of actual songs, videos, or photos. Cached files are created when you stream or view content like music, videos, and photos. When you stream music or video, that content is stored as cached files on your device so you can quickly access it again.

Your device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space.

If storage on your device differs from what you see in Finder or iTunes

Since Finder and iTunes categorize cached files as Other, reported usage for Music or Videos might differ. To view usage on your device, go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage.

If you want to delete the cached files from your device

Your device automatically deletes cached files and temporary files when it needs more space. You don't need to delete them yourself.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 2:50 AM in response to lashan292

System Storage on iPhone 6 includes Other storages.

Watch the GIF below

• Other: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can't be deleted by the system.
  • System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model.

About cached files in "Other"

Finder and iTunes categorize cached music, videos, and photos as Other instead of actual songs, videos, or photos. Cached files are created when you stream or view content like music, videos, and photos. When you stream music or video, that content is stored as cached files on your device so you can quickly access it again.

Your device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space.

If storage on your device differs from what you see in Finder or iTunes

Since Finder and iTunes categorize cached files as Other, reported usage for Music or Videos might differ. To view usage on your device, go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage.

If you want to delete the cached files from your device

Your device automatically deletes cached files and temporary files when it needs more space. You don't need to delete them yourself.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

System Storage is reaching 10.15GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.