Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trading in my current MacBook

Sorry (& please bear with me) as I'm not so techy... Can I keep/move my stuff (music, pictures, documents, etc.) from the old to the new? And do I need to "erase" my stuff from the old MacBook before I trade it in with a new one?

And BTW, how long on average (as in how many years) can a MacBook last before it "dies"...

Thanks in advance to those who will respond. Have a good day.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 7:59 AM

Yes, you can migrate from your old Mac to a new one.

See if the following articles help answer your questions:

Each Mac can vary in "how many years" it will last you. I've had Macs still working after 15+ years ... but they become less and less usable over time as they can't support the latest apps or security standards. Typically, from my experience, my Mac desktops tend to last longer than my Mac notebooks. However, my notebooks go a good 5-7 years before I replace them ... working or not.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 7:59 AM in response to anskie from oxford

Yes, you can migrate from your old Mac to a new one.

See if the following articles help answer your questions:

Each Mac can vary in "how many years" it will last you. I've had Macs still working after 15+ years ... but they become less and less usable over time as they can't support the latest apps or security standards. Typically, from my experience, my Mac desktops tend to last longer than my Mac notebooks. However, my notebooks go a good 5-7 years before I replace them ... working or not.

Trading in my current MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.