Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air

Now that I've used migration assistant and I've removed the desktop and documents on the old MAC so that stuff is only in I CLOUD... Does this mean that if my old MAC dies that everything I transferred is safe and won't disappear?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 7:36 PM

Hello Punk,  

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! We see that you have a questions about how iCloud Documents works with your Mac files. 

Since you have uploaded the desktop and documents to iCloud, you will be able to access them from any device you can access the iCloud website.  This article will give you the additional details under "Access your Desktop & Documents files on another device," in this article: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

This means that if your old Mac were to become inoperable you will indeed be able to access everything that is in iCloud.

All the best.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 7:36 PM in response to Punk Marlbro

Hello Punk,  

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! We see that you have a questions about how iCloud Documents works with your Mac files. 

Since you have uploaded the desktop and documents to iCloud, you will be able to access them from any device you can access the iCloud website.  This article will give you the additional details under "Access your Desktop & Documents files on another device," in this article: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

This means that if your old Mac were to become inoperable you will indeed be able to access everything that is in iCloud.

All the best.

MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.