I have a new MacBook air....I made mistake of transferring all my data from my previous MacBook air and have since decided to keep both. I will use old mac for pics and docs and games. only setting up email on new mac.....is this possible

my previous MacBook air has an external hard drive and I do not want to have to put that on my new MacBook air. so....will deleting transferred data to my new mac affect the old one?

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 9:52 AM

No, when your transfer is complete, your old Mac is left as-is. Then, you may choose to manually delete any unneeded files or apps from the old Mac. You may want to delete the email account since it will no longer be used so as to avoid any functional conflicts.

1 reply

I have a new MacBook air....I made mistake of transferring all my data from my previous MacBook air and have since decided to keep both. I will use old mac for pics and docs and games. only setting up email on new mac.....is this possible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.