Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I transfer everything off my old Mac's external hard drive to the new mac

how do I transfer everything off my old Mac's external hard drive to the new Mac my old Mac completely died but my hubby was able to save everything. I also had just bought excel etc so how would I get that? sorry not very Mac savvy

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 1:35 PM

Connect the external drive to the new Mac and drag and drop its contents to your user folder in Finder on the new Mac.

If you downloaded Microsoft Office from the App Store, simply log in to your Apple ID for the App Store and download it again.

If you downloaded the complete 2019 package you'll need to download it from Microsoft's website using the Product Key you recieved when you bought it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 1:35 PM in response to constantina144

Connect the external drive to the new Mac and drag and drop its contents to your user folder in Finder on the new Mac.

If you downloaded Microsoft Office from the App Store, simply log in to your Apple ID for the App Store and download it again.

If you downloaded the complete 2019 package you'll need to download it from Microsoft's website using the Product Key you recieved when you bought it.

how do I transfer everything off my old Mac's external hard drive to the new mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.