Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad doesn’t work on Magic Keyboard

The trackpad on my Magic Keyboard has stopped working with my iPad Pro. I’ve checked the settings and restarted, disconnected/reconnected, and no pointer shows on the screen when trying to use the trackpad. Any suggestions?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 11:17 AM

The same thing happened to me. It was within 2 weeks so I sent The keyboard back and had to wait for a new one to arrive. I now know it is a software problem as the new one is doing the same thing. Here is what I did and it worked. I disconnect the charger that is plugged into the keyboard, then took the iPad Pro off the keyboard. Then hooked the charger back up and then the iPad Pro to the keyboard, and the curser came back. I hope apple is working on this.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 11:17 AM in response to moeflyr

The same thing happened to me. It was within 2 weeks so I sent The keyboard back and had to wait for a new one to arrive. I now know it is a software problem as the new one is doing the same thing. Here is what I did and it worked. I disconnect the charger that is plugged into the keyboard, then took the iPad Pro off the keyboard. Then hooked the charger back up and then the iPad Pro to the keyboard, and the curser came back. I hope apple is working on this.

Trackpad doesn’t work on Magic Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.