Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook notifications not working

As the title is saying i have a problem with facebook notifications, they are not working, i don't receive any push notifications from facebook. My notifications are turned on in the iphone settings and also in the fb app. I tried all what i found on google(phone reset, turning on/off notifications, restarting the phone) and nothing helps. My app and my os are up to date. Anyone has the same problem?

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 10:40 AM

Similar questions

24 replies

Jun 29, 2020 4:46 PM in response to Bobo_99

Hello Bobo_99,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with Facebook notifications. We are happy to share information that may help.

First, delete the Facebook app: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Then, reinstall the app from the App Store.

Also, check out the information in the "If you don't see notifications for a specific app" section of this article: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

If those steps do not resolve the issue, you may want to reach out to the app developer: How to contact an app developer.

Take care.

Aug 30, 2020 1:21 PM in response to ryanoneill

I did not find a solution for this problem. It's very annoying because now i don't get notifications either in facebook notifications center(the ring button) i don't ever know if someone has birthday or anything. I only get notifications if someone is live. I reported multiple times the error to facebook but they doesn't respond.

Oct 11, 2020 1:16 PM in response to Bobo_99

Have you found a solution?? I have not received notifications for MONTHS. Out of the blue I will get one here and there and think it's working but it doesn't. I have a business account and it's very frustrating not getting notifications from customers. Everything is turned on and I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times. Please help!!!!

Oct 11, 2020 1:20 PM in response to PinkPetals

Hello Pink Petals! So sorry to hear this. I have also not received anything for months. There is no way to contact Facebook (by phone, email, etc.) I have even tried to chat with FB business and they said there is nothing they can do. I am hoping one day push notifications come back. It has now been since about March for me with nothing. All settings are turned on correctly and I have researched everywhere online, reported the issue to Facebook as they suggest. Nothing.

Oct 19, 2020 8:47 AM in response to Myfbdontwork

Same here. I have gone through my system settings and Facebook settings, and notifications are turned on. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and selected “allow notifications” when it came in after I logged back into Facebook, but still no “activity” notifications, although I am getting “news” and “video” notifications. I have reported the problem to Facebook, but so far, no response. Also, after the last update, most external pages (WSJ, WP, NYT, etc) don’t load.

Facebook notifications not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.