Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stop my edit board from moving while trying to edit

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 5:15 PM

sorry first time

No worries. These stupid forums lead you to believe you are posting about a particular app or category, but all we see is Catalina or Mac OS.

When you said "edit board" without any context of iMovie, I had no way to figure that out.

If I knew you were referencing iMovie, "edit board" would have likely made sense.

But, I'm with babowa. I'm not sure what part is moving on you. You drag clips into the "edit board" and the already inserted clips move around. If you wan to drop a clip into the middle of another clip, you may need to split that clip where you want to drop the new clip.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 5:15 PM in response to Rounder21

sorry first time

No worries. These stupid forums lead you to believe you are posting about a particular app or category, but all we see is Catalina or Mac OS.

When you said "edit board" without any context of iMovie, I had no way to figure that out.

If I knew you were referencing iMovie, "edit board" would have likely made sense.

But, I'm with babowa. I'm not sure what part is moving on you. You drag clips into the "edit board" and the already inserted clips move around. If you wan to drop a clip into the middle of another clip, you may need to split that clip where you want to drop the new clip.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.