Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie stop transition clipping video

Linked to Search Results

Transition is cutting off previous clip - Apple Community

I have a selection of short 4 -6 second video clips wishing someome happy birthday but when I add a transition then it cuts over a second of each clip. I tried adding freeze fame but the shortest possible time for that seems to be 3 seconds, surely it would not be hard to stop transitions clipping the clips down!!!!!!!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 3:31 PM

The transitions need to overlap the clips. That shortens them. No way to avoid that. However you had the right idea of adding a freeze frame at the end. Three seconds is the default, but you can shorten to one second by dragging the slider at the upper right hand corner of the clip.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 3:31 PM in response to jonnieb

The transitions need to overlap the clips. That shortens them. No way to avoid that. However you had the right idea of adding a freeze frame at the end. Three seconds is the default, but you can shorten to one second by dragging the slider at the upper right hand corner of the clip.

-- Rich

imovie stop transition clipping video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.