Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore back notes that were not synced to iCloud?

I have just changed the iCloud-Settings on my macbook air, so that my notes won't be stored in iCloud anymore. After that I checked my notes on my mac, and all the notes are no longer to be found. I thought by unchecking the box for notes in iCloud settings means that I don't need to sync my notes to iCloud anymore and my notes will remain on my mac. But all my notes are gone. Does anyone know how to restore my notes back? Since they are so important. I've checked my notes at icloud.com, but not all of my notes were stored in iCloud (since I don't upgrade my storage capacity). I would appreciate your help

Thank You :)

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 2:55 AM

OK, in that case, re-enable iCloud for notes so that the notes repopulate your Mac. Go the the notes preferences and enable your "On My Mac" account, if it wasn't already. You could now either try disabling iCloud notes again to see if you get the option this time, or you could drag all your notes from the cloud account to the Mac account.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 2:55 AM in response to garey_yeka

OK, in that case, re-enable iCloud for notes so that the notes repopulate your Mac. Go the the notes preferences and enable your "On My Mac" account, if it wasn't already. You could now either try disabling iCloud notes again to see if you get the option this time, or you could drag all your notes from the cloud account to the Mac account.

Jun 26, 2020 8:24 AM in response to garey_yeka

The iCloud storage was short and you didn't upgraded the storage plan , then unchecked the box of notes , the notes syncing will stop .

The only notes that were in limits of the iCloud storage space will once again sync when the notes box is checked , there is no such tool to find which notes will sync , but the excessive notes are removed from the iCloud due to shortage of space and can't be recovered .

how to restore back notes that were not synced to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.