Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rent Movies Quality via TV app

Dear all,

May I know what is the movie quality if I rent it via TV app?

(iMac - TV app - Movies tab - search for movies)

Is it 4K or 1080p HD?

(Cz I seen its movie trailer very blur)

And, do I need to wait it to finish downloading once payment is done?

How long shall I wait for it?

My internet download speed is 30mb/s.

Last, is its movie quality better than Google Movies or both are equally the same?

Thanks.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 3:36 PM

what is the movie quality if I rent it via TV app? Is it 4K or 1080p HD?

The quality is indicated for each movie (as they are not all the same), and may depend on the device with which you access it.

Find and watch movies with 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos - Apple Support

And, do I need to wait it to finish downloading once payment is done? How long shall I wait for it?

Streaming will only buffer a bit until it has enough for (expected) smooth playback.

You can download a copy of an HD movie to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC, but you can't download a 4K version.

Apple recommends a minimum speed of 25 Mbps for 4K streaming.

Last, is its movie quality better than Google Movies or both are equally the same?

Google recommends a minimum speed of 15 Mbps for 4K streaming. See the difference with Apple?

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 3:36 PM in response to unite2020

what is the movie quality if I rent it via TV app? Is it 4K or 1080p HD?

The quality is indicated for each movie (as they are not all the same), and may depend on the device with which you access it.

Find and watch movies with 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos - Apple Support

And, do I need to wait it to finish downloading once payment is done? How long shall I wait for it?

Streaming will only buffer a bit until it has enough for (expected) smooth playback.

You can download a copy of an HD movie to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC, but you can't download a 4K version.

Apple recommends a minimum speed of 25 Mbps for 4K streaming.

Google recommends a minimum speed of 15 Mbps for 4K streaming. See the difference with Apple?

Rent Movies Quality via TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.