Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I force the Music app to play downloaded tracks in their original, intended order?

I recently downloaded fifteen tracks from the Berlin Philharmonic's website. They are Beethoven's five piano concertos; each concerto is in three movements.

The original files came in three CDs, so in "get info" I labelled each CD as "CD 1 of 3" and so forth.

Within each CD, I carefully ensured that each track was properly labeled "track 1 of 6," and so forth.

Each title came from the licensor with the sequential track number, too. ("09 Beethoven_Piano Concerto No 3.")

No matter what I do, Music refuses to play the tracks in order. In fact, it appears to jump randomly.

I have "shuffle" turned OFF.

I am at my wit's end.

Note: Music plays no music in order. The above describes my effort to fight Music and force it to play something as intended.

The attached screen shot is of a random track, showing the licensor's title with the track and disc number I inserted.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 9:48 AM

It might help if you could show the tracks in the Songs list view with some of the sort fields showing. My preference is always to use sequential track numbering across the whole album. Album Artist and Album should be consistent across all tracks. Again, my preference is to use the Composer as the Album Artist for classical music. Make sure that sort fields are set consistently too. See Grouping tracks into albums for more.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 9:48 AM in response to Zardon

It might help if you could show the tracks in the Songs list view with some of the sort fields showing. My preference is always to use sequential track numbering across the whole album. Album Artist and Album should be consistent across all tracks. Again, my preference is to use the Composer as the Album Artist for classical music. Make sure that sort fields are set consistently too. See Grouping tracks into albums for more.

tt2

How do I force the Music app to play downloaded tracks in their original, intended order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.