Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update problems

i have been trying to download imovie on my mac for a while and i can’t. i’ve updated my mac but i only have version 10.13.6 and can’t update it again but it says no “updates available” on the app store

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 3:45 PM

2 replies

Jun 26, 2020 5:14 PM in response to kalis129

Hi, kalis129,

You need to upgrade to Mojave 10.14.6 to get the current iMovie 10.1.14. So if you can upgrade to Mojave 10.14.6 you can get iMovie 10 with no problem. This would not be an option for you since you said that you cannot upgrade any higher than High Sierra.

Since you are not able to upgrade to Mojave 10.14.6 you still can update/download the highest version of iMovie 10 that your present operating system will run, provided that you had acquired iMovie 10 in the past and either have it on your Mac or perhaps deleted it. Otherwise you cannot get any version of iMovie 10. Post back for instructions if you think that you may have had

However, you can take a look at this thread that describes a way to obtain iMovie 10, as long as you don't mind using the Terminal app on your Mac.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251259186

-- Rich

update problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.