Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C ADAPTER OR EARPHONES NOT DETECTED BY MACBOOK AIR 13" 2020

When i plug in earphones (USB-C cable) into my computer (macbook air 13 ) it doesn't work and the sound comes out of the built in speakers. Tried via system preferences > sound > output.. but my earphones doesn't pop up at all. Still not detected. I also bought ANKER usb-c male to lightning female adapter and tried to connect my earphones with lightning cable, still not detected in the output box.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 11:25 PM

That combination that you have should work with your lightning earphones. I know that it does with the Anker USB-C to Lightning (Female) adapter. You have tried two different adapter with the same results. The issue then maybe either with your earphones or with your MacBook Air. Did you try another pair of lightning earphones? I am assuming that you have with the same results. If that is true then-

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 11:25 PM in response to luutf

That combination that you have should work with your lightning earphones. I know that it does with the Anker USB-C to Lightning (Female) adapter. You have tried two different adapter with the same results. The issue then maybe either with your earphones or with your MacBook Air. Did you try another pair of lightning earphones? I am assuming that you have with the same results. If that is true then-

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM.

Axel F.

USB-C ADAPTER OR EARPHONES NOT DETECTED BY MACBOOK AIR 13" 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.