Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recipient Suddenly Doesn’t Receive Email Sent from iPad

This apparently started after noon on June 25. I did attempt to delete and re-add my gmail account on the iPad. I successfully sent mail to the same recipient which she got from my iPhone and Windows 10 PC. I see all the emails in my SENT folder on all three devices. This person has a Comcast.net account.

I have successfully sent and received email from others during the same timeframe including another person with a Comcast email. I’ve compared the Outgoing mail server set on the iPad and iPhone and they are the same.

The recipient received a test message I had a friend with a aol email send from a PC but she got that, too.

I’m stumped. Appreciate any better suggestions what to do next.

iPad Air, 13

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 10:01 PM

Just noticed one of my messages posted here has disappeared. I reported that my Comcast friend checked for a series of messages over a week where she was just one of two or more addresses in my outgoing messages. She say none of them. The only way she seemed to see my iPad sent messages when someone else I sent the original message replied to all of us and included my original message in their reply.

Did more testing and finally decided to chat with Gmail support.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 10:01 PM in response to Calicogirl

Just noticed one of my messages posted here has disappeared. I reported that my Comcast friend checked for a series of messages over a week where she was just one of two or more addresses in my outgoing messages. She say none of them. The only way she seemed to see my iPad sent messages when someone else I sent the original message replied to all of us and included my original message in their reply.

Did more testing and finally decided to chat with Gmail support.

Jul 6, 2020 9:50 PM in response to Calicogirl

Well Google support tried to help for over an hour a week ago Sunday. The agent had me go into my Google account and turn on lessersecurapps or something like that. Then he had me delete my mail account from my iPad and re-add it. The method her requested I use was not the standard one. Instead of picking the Google option as adding the gmail account, he had me choose Other to start. When I was done with following these instructions, I could NOT send mail to anyone using the Apple mail app and my normal list of hundreds of contacts was down to about 30. Then he suggested I contact Apple support again.

• i did so the following morning. This time I called in and I let the agent view my iPad screen. We again deleted my account and re-added it bsck using the stanard procedure. My contacts were back and I could send mail apparently successfully but still not to my original address that didn’t receive the mail I sent. Then because I told him I used a VPN, he had me turn it off. But before I tried sending another email, I noticed the VPN symbol was still in the upper right of the screen. I checked further and found that, although I chosen not to turn on Norton’s VPN on my iPad. Low and behold I had conflicting VPNs. I decided the best option was to delete the Norton security app from the iPad. Sure enough the mail now goes through. Been working for a week now.

Jun 27, 2020 11:21 AM in response to QuickPost

Yes.

But just a bit ago, I think I found a fix after a test with someone else who had not received an email I sent this morning. I went into settings for the gmail account I was using on the iPad and iPhone and pc and on the iPad I added a second SMTP server reference to smtp.gmail.com and then that person got the next message I sent. Her account was at yahoo. I have now sent my friend with the Comcast account who wasn’t getting my emails sent from the iPad a resend of one of the messages she had not received. I’m waiting to hear that she got it. I’ll update with the results when I know if that fixed it.

If it does fix it, I wonder why someone else with a Comcast account to whom I sent an email test last night DID receive that mail. Then who else with what providers may not be getting my emails?

Jun 27, 2020 1:38 PM in response to Calicogirl

I found the following list of IP addresses to use for SMTP servers but not having good luck adding the first couple I tried. I tried the first and last in this list. I get a message that it can’t verify the host or similar with 3 options—Continue, Details, and Cancel. I’ve tried each option in the Details, Cancel and Continue order. It then just keeps giving me a processing circle again as if it is doing something but then redisplays the error with the same 3 options. I finally restart the iPad. So that path seems an unlikely solution.

Jun 28, 2020 9:22 AM in response to Calicogirl

Update

I spent an hour in Chat last evening with Apple Support. At the end, they want me to check with Gmail.

This morning, I learn my friend with the Yahoo account DID eventually see the email I sent June 27 at 6:48 my time. At 9:30 when I texted her to see why she hadn’t replied, she did not have it. This morning I asked her to check again. It was in her inbox this morning but we have no idea when it showed up. She lives in a rural area of VA so there could be other factors in her case.

so, I have now sent my Comcast friend who started this issue an email from my PC with a list of emails I sent multiple recipients from my iPad since about June 17 that included her. We will let you know the results of that. Stay tuned.

Jun 28, 2020 9:57 PM in response to Calicogirl

I worked with Gmail Support for more than an hour tonight. They had me turn a switch in my Settings for Gmail account related to lesssecureapps and the made it impossible to send email from the Apple Mail app on the iPad and even the iPhone. Sent me back to Apple Support.

On my own at that point I opened the Gmail app instead. I rarely have used it but I suddenly decided to try it. Emails to my friend with the Comcast account were received when sent from it. But I don’t care for that app‘s look at feel as I used it tonight. I also had found viewing mail arrivals for several accounts I monitor is much easier in Apple mail app. I can still see incoming mail there but can’t send from it. Each email address I now try gives me an error that says Cannot send mail. The sender email is invalid. But I think I’m the sender. Can’t believe this situation. But in the Apple Mail app I did just send from another of my gmail accounts to my main gmail account. Couldn’t reply to the lesser account email from my main account either.

Recipient Suddenly Doesn’t Receive Email Sent from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.