Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email

I have a strange problem. When I send email be it my MacBook pro or my iPhone using the same account it can show up at the receivers end showing either Robert<my email address> or Carol<my email address> I can send two emails to the same person with in minutes and we are not sure as to who they are going to receive it from. I have looked into all email settings, into my contact info and can't see why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated. TIA Robert

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 3:15 PM

If you happen to be sharing an Apple ID, stop doing that immediately. The person acquiring a new ID must thoroughly cleanse her/his devices as follows.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2021 3:15 PM in response to Robert Ashton

If you happen to be sharing an Apple ID, stop doing that immediately. The person acquiring a new ID must thoroughly cleanse her/his devices as follows.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.