Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does screen lock disappear from a i6+ device when it is taken off the device list in apple ID or find my phone?

Does screen lock disappear from a i6+ device when it is taken off the device list in apple ID or find my phone? If so the phone can be opened by anyone.

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 10:01 PM

When you remove the device from your device list associated with your Apple ID then you will have removed the activation lock on that device. If you had a passcode setup on that device to unlock that iPhone then that will still remain on that. The finder of that iPhone will need to reset the passcode and that process will delete all the data on it anyway.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 10:01 PM in response to sha200

When you remove the device from your device list associated with your Apple ID then you will have removed the activation lock on that device. If you had a passcode setup on that device to unlock that iPhone then that will still remain on that. The finder of that iPhone will need to reset the passcode and that process will delete all the data on it anyway.

Axel F.

Does screen lock disappear from a i6+ device when it is taken off the device list in apple ID or find my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.