You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

finding apps on iPad

I have a few hundred apps on an iPad Pro. I’m looking for some way to find and go to the page the app is located on. I use search and it will tell me a folder name if it’s in one but will only trigger the app to open I would like it to open the iPad page that the app icon is on. Tell me there is already a way to do this and I’ll feel stupid. I have tried to google a way, even my kid doesn’t know. Does this help you help me.🙏

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 1:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 1:31 PM

There is no way to do what you want to do.

However, if the app is in a named folder, when you do a search for an app, when the app is displayed in the search results list, underneath the app icon and name, the location of the folder where the app is stored will be displayed as part of the search results, as well.

You are free and welcome to submit feedback about this issue to Apple.

This is only one of the few ways to directly contact Apple about ANY product issues.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel, but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

Best of Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2020 1:31 PM in response to Jimprints

There is no way to do what you want to do.

However, if the app is in a named folder, when you do a search for an app, when the app is displayed in the search results list, underneath the app icon and name, the location of the folder where the app is stored will be displayed as part of the search results, as well.

You are free and welcome to submit feedback about this issue to Apple.

This is only one of the few ways to directly contact Apple about ANY product issues.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel, but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

Best of Luck to You!

finding apps on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.