You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find app on ipad!

I have the app on the iPad in one of several folders. I’d like to move it to another folder. I can do a search from the home screen and the app shows up and I can launch it, but search doesn’t tell me where the app actually is. Short of searching through hundreds of apps in dozens of folders, how can I determine the location of that app?

ipados 13.4, iPad Pro 12.9”, 3rd gen

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 1:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 2:15 AM

Just figured it out. Search for the app from home, open it, go back to home, it is in the recent apps section of the dock. Pull it out of the dock and drop it on the...desktop (?). Now you can put it in a new folder. But really, Apple, that’s not user friendly. I vaguely recall seeing an app’s location in the search screen in some earlier version of iOS. What happened to that?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2020 2:15 AM in response to Steve Porritt

Just figured it out. Search for the app from home, open it, go back to home, it is in the recent apps section of the dock. Pull it out of the dock and drop it on the...desktop (?). Now you can put it in a new folder. But really, Apple, that’s not user friendly. I vaguely recall seeing an app’s location in the search screen in some earlier version of iOS. What happened to that?

Cannot find app on ipad!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.