Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my firewall advanced options does not include the last 2 options about being able to unlock MacBook with iwatch etc

Have a 2013 MacBook Pro. dont I also get all the firewall advanced settings options????

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 5:57 AM

Hello Wmazz,

It sounds like you're not seeing the option to use Apple Watch to unlock your Mac in System Preferences > Firewall. We know how convenient it is to use your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac, we'd like to help, The settings for using your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac should be located in System Preferences > General, which is why you may not be seeing the option in Firewall settings. Check out this resource for the steps to take to set up this feature: How to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch

Check out these links for information on Firewall settings included with your Mac:

Change Firewall preferences on Mac

Change Advanced preferences

Let us know if you continue to have trouble.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2020 5:57 AM in response to wmazz

Hello Wmazz,

It sounds like you're not seeing the option to use Apple Watch to unlock your Mac in System Preferences > Firewall. We know how convenient it is to use your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac, we'd like to help, The settings for using your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac should be located in System Preferences > General, which is why you may not be seeing the option in Firewall settings. Check out this resource for the steps to take to set up this feature: How to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch

Check out these links for information on Firewall settings included with your Mac:

Change Firewall preferences on Mac

Change Advanced preferences

Let us know if you continue to have trouble.

Cheers!

my firewall advanced options does not include the last 2 options about being able to unlock MacBook with iwatch etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.