Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 4 “distance” outdoor run not showing map

Hi, I usually do an outdoor walk or run by selecting “open” and always shows my route on a map, but one day I chose “distance” to do a 5km run but it didn’t show my route on a map? Location is on because the following day I did a normal open walk and it worked. Help? Not sure why “distance” outdoor run doesn’t show a map?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 4:04 PM

Hey there, Phuong_p.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for your question about the map not showing up when you choose distance instead of open, a time goal, or a calorie amount. We'd be glad to see how we can help.

Did this happen only once, or has this happened on multiple occasions when choosing distance as your metric goal? You might want to try and Restart Apple Watch and test once more to see if the same issue occurs. If the issue persists after that, Unpair and erase your Apple Watch and then set it up once again and test.

Let us know what you find out.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 4:04 PM in response to Phuong_p

Hey there, Phuong_p.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for your question about the map not showing up when you choose distance instead of open, a time goal, or a calorie amount. We'd be glad to see how we can help.

Did this happen only once, or has this happened on multiple occasions when choosing distance as your metric goal? You might want to try and Restart Apple Watch and test once more to see if the same issue occurs. If the issue persists after that, Unpair and erase your Apple Watch and then set it up once again and test.

Let us know what you find out.

Take care.

Apple Watch 4 “distance” outdoor run not showing map

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.