Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Codes

I keep receiving apple id verification codes sent via text message. I have 2FA set up with my trusted phone number. However, I am getting them constantly when i haven't requested them. Every time this happens I check my trusted devices list and have changed my password more times than I can count to make sure my account is secure. The password used is unique and not used on any other sites. There is no other information on the text other than “Your Apple ID Verification Code is: XXXXXX” There are two numbers that keep sending these apparent apple ID codes over and over. I have contacted apple support via chat and discussed this issue and they couldn't really provide much help other than to change my email and password associated with my apple account, which i did, but it still keeps happening. I guess my question is, is anyone else receiving these and what can i do to stop it?

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 6:40 AM

There isn't much you can do to stop the codes. Someone may be trying to sign your Apple ID, which would generate the request for a verification code. Since you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, as long as they can't access one of your trusted devices, they can't get a code and sign in. You should be okay.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 6:40 AM in response to Red_Roses90

There isn't much you can do to stop the codes. Someone may be trying to sign your Apple ID, which would generate the request for a verification code. Since you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, as long as they can't access one of your trusted devices, they can't get a code and sign in. You should be okay.

Verification Codes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.