Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID email not available

I just deleted an Apple ID and created a new one but I can’t use the email on the deleted account as Apple ID for the new account. Does anyone know how to fix this problem ?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 5:12 AM

5 replies

Jun 28, 2020 5:59 AM in response to Le_Hoang_Dung

There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Jun 28, 2020 5:20 AM in response to Le_Hoang_Dung

Your email is tied to the previous AppleID you got rid of. Unless you unlink that, it can't be reused. Why don't you just log it with your previous ID?

If you are locked out of your Apple ID account you can go to https://iforgot.apple.com

This will provide you with the recovery steps you put in place for this situation.

Here are some support articles that should help:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

If your Apple ID has been locked or disabled – Apple Support

Apple ID email not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.