Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime on used 2015 MacBook Air

I recently purchased a used 2015 MacBook Air for my daughter and she loves it - everything works perfectly. When I attempt to input her Apple ID and password into the iMessage login, it spins for 10 seconds and then comes back with an error, "unable to authenticate" or something similar. Same with FaceTime. If I type in MY Apple ID instead of my daughters, same thing, so it doesn't appear to be a Apple ID - related issue. I have done the typical fixes (check the date/time, toggled the automatically set date and time, cleared the VRAM, logged out and back in of the apple id on the website as well as the MacBook, etc. to no avail. Any suggestions? Its been around 20 hours. Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 6:42 AM

gulbane wrote:

I recently purchased a used 2015 MacBook Air for my daughter and she loves it - everything works perfectly. When I attempt to input her Apple ID and password into the iMessage login, it spins for 10 seconds and then comes back with an error, "unable to authenticate" or something similar. Same with FaceTime. If I type in MY Apple ID instead of my daughters, same thing, so it doesn't appear to be a Apple ID - related issue. I have done the typical fixes (check the date/time, toggled the automatically set date and time, cleared the VRAM, logged out and back in of the apple id on the website as well as the MacBook, etc. to no avail. Any suggestions? Its been around 20 hours. Thanks!

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 6:42 AM in response to gulbane

gulbane wrote:

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on ...

Unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime on used 2015 MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.