Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 16" is not responding to charging

My new macbook pro 16" is not responding to charging. It shows red vertical line with thunder bolt symbol when connected to charger. Once I disconnect it will go black screen with nothing on it. I tried to reset SMC but not luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone who experienced this and resolved..?

Not sure if the issue is with adapter or mac

I am away from mac service centre.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 6:42 PM

Please read follow all the instructions in If your Mac battery status is "Not Charging" including all the links at the bottom, followed by If your Mac battery won’t charge.

Make sure you're using the correct USB-C cable as well: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook.

If all else fails Contact Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 6:42 PM in response to Dineshva

Please read follow all the instructions in If your Mac battery status is "Not Charging" including all the links at the bottom, followed by If your Mac battery won’t charge.

Make sure you're using the correct USB-C cable as well: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook.

If all else fails Contact Support.

Macbook pro 16" is not responding to charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.