Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi <do not loc> localizable string

my iMac network settings are showing the message in the turn "<do not loc> in the wi-Fi On box and message directly below it "...localizable strings".

I have reinstalled Mac Os x twice. During install when choosing the "WFi On" option I could not highlight it.

But when I boot with Option key I can choose the network and the startup disk.

Really frustrated at this point and could appreciate the help.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 5:57 AM

Hello kneeoh, 

Thanks for reaching out on the Apple Support Communities. From your message it sounds like you're encountering an issue with your iMac not connecting to Wi-Fi when you start it up normally, but the Wi-Fi is working when you select a startup disk. 

Let's begin by seeing how the Wi-Fi performs in a new user. Follow these steps to create a new user, sign into that new user with your information, and see how the Wi-Fi performs. This article will show you how: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

If the Wi-Fi works in the new user, try these steps from your user account:

1 - Forget your home Wi-Fi network. To do this go to System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi > click on Advanced > Preferred Networks > click on the name of your home network > click on the -- to remove it > click on OK. 

2 - Restart your MacBook Pro. Go to the Apple menu > Restart. 

3 - Select Wi-Fi from the menu bar and connect to your home network. Test to see if there is any change. 

4 - If there is no change, try creating a new Wi-Fi network location and test the connection again: How to use network locations on your Mac

All the best.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2020 5:57 AM in response to kneeoh

Hello kneeoh, 

Thanks for reaching out on the Apple Support Communities. From your message it sounds like you're encountering an issue with your iMac not connecting to Wi-Fi when you start it up normally, but the Wi-Fi is working when you select a startup disk. 

Let's begin by seeing how the Wi-Fi performs in a new user. Follow these steps to create a new user, sign into that new user with your information, and see how the Wi-Fi performs. This article will show you how: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

If the Wi-Fi works in the new user, try these steps from your user account:

1 - Forget your home Wi-Fi network. To do this go to System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi > click on Advanced > Preferred Networks > click on the name of your home network > click on the -- to remove it > click on OK. 

2 - Restart your MacBook Pro. Go to the Apple menu > Restart. 

3 - Select Wi-Fi from the menu bar and connect to your home network. Test to see if there is any change. 

4 - If there is no change, try creating a new Wi-Fi network location and test the connection again: How to use network locations on your Mac

All the best.

wifi <do not loc> localizable string

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.