Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CANT DOWNLOAD ANY APPS (ASSISTIVE TOUCH)

When i purchase an app it is no longer asking me to double click to pay with FaceID or it wont let me even enter my AppleID password, it only says "Confirm with AssistiveTouch" please help

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 8:24 AM

You need to turn off "confirm with assistive touch"

Step 1 go to the settings tap Accessibility

Step 2 then tap Touch then you can see AssistiveTouch

Step 3 Open AssistiveTouch then scroll down at last you can see Confirm with AssistiveTouch

Step 4 Turn it off that’s solve

97 replies

Jan 31, 2021 7:05 PM in response to STESCOTT

Go into the settings, and accessibility. Then go to "touch", and turn off assistive touch. Then go to the very bottom of the page, and make sure the "confirm with assistive touch" is off. Then go back to accessibility, and open the "Face ID and attention". Turn on "Require attention for Face ID". You can go to the bottom, and turn on "Haptic on Successful Authentication" I use that, because it will play a little noise, and display a check mark when downloading apps and paying with apple pay, to show it was successful.

Nov 7, 2021 1:58 PM in response to STESCOTT

I have successfully solved this problem by doing this; Setting > Side Button > and other suggest setting ...

1. on CLICK SPEED menu selects "Default". (purpose to adjust the speed on the (right) sight button)
  2. on PRESS AND HOLD TO SPEAK menu select "Off" unless you like to use this feather
  3. on SIDE BUTTON CONFIRMATION menu select "Enable Confirm With Access Touch"
  4. on AssistiveTouch switch off (to the left side) at SIDE BUTTON CONFIRMATION

Done

Feb 9, 2021 3:10 AM in response to STESCOTT

Hello,

Here is how it has to be done on iPhone

Enabling AssistiveTouch

1. Go to Settings  > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch.
  2. Turn on AssistiveTouch.

Enabling side button for Apple Pay

1. Next go to Settings  > Wallet & Apple Pay > Enable "Double-Click Side Button"

Customizing AssistiveTouch for ApplePay

1. Go to Settings  > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch > Customize Top Level Menu
  2. Click on the '+' on the bottom of the screen to create a new icon with '+'
  3. Click on the newly created '+' to choose ApplePay from System Tab and click "Done"
  4. You are all set for this.

How to verify

1. When you want to make the payment, click on AssistiveTouch icon on the Screen
  2. It opens up the Menu and shows options. wit the ApplePay icon that you had created in the earlier section.
  3. Click on it to show the available cards for payment
  4. Once the cards are shown, click on the AssistiveTouch again, this time the menu opens up to show 'Confirm ApplePay' option
  5. Click on this and you are done.

Hope this helps

Nagaraj

Jan 26, 2021 7:23 AM in response to STESCOTT

I’VE FOUND THE SOLUTION

Step 1: Go to settings and on the search bar, type in ‘Side Button’

Step 2: Press the option at the top- it will say ‘Side button➡️Accessibility’

Step 3: Higlighted blue, it will say ‘enable AssistiveTouch’ Press it and it will take you to another setting,

Step 4: At the very bottom of that page it will say confirm with assistive touch- press that button so that it isn’t green anymore and your problem will be solved.

Nov 15, 2020 3:44 AM in response to STESCOTT

THIS IS IT!

Found this on Reddit.

You can get to the Confirm with Apple Pay button with the Device menu option.

To set it up, tie one of your AssistiveTouch Custom Actions to “Open Menu”, and make sure “Device” is one of your menu items.

Custom Actions (any) -> Open Menu -> Device

To make purchases, schlep to “Apple Pay” when prompted.

Device -> More -> Apple Pay -> Confirm Apple Pay

The Confirm Apple Pay option will show up when you’re in a double-click-side-button situation. Otherwise, the Device menu lets you open Wallet.

The shortcut named Apple Pay only opens Wallet.

Nov 26, 2020 5:25 PM in response to STESCOTT

Hate the so called new feature! I want to be able to double click and pay. I’m not having issues with touching the screen do why do I need Assistive Touch! Completely useless and just makes it harder to use not easier. Don’t want this image of a start button on my screen, have no need for it

Dec 14, 2020 4:10 PM in response to rajeep67

rajeep67 I’ll thank you now. You are a wonder. How shameless of Apple to try to force use of Apple Pay by setting this as the default. I am getting sick of struggling to fix their nefarious behavior. It takes so much time, is so frustrating, and unless someone like you who can unravel their devious plans helps we are stuck.

many many thanks.

Jan 26, 2021 7:22 AM in response to STESCOTT

I’VE FOUND THE SOLUTION

Step 3: Higlighted blue, it will say ‘enable AssistiveTouch’ Press it and it will take you to another setting,

Step 4: At the very bottom of that page it will say confirm with assistive touch- press that button so that it isn’t green anymore and your problem will be solved.

Jan 31, 2021 3:31 PM in response to Kalai1234

’VE FOUND THE SOLUTION

CANT DOWNLOAD ANY APPS (ASSISTIVE TOUCH)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.