Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can only connect to one wifi

I can connect to only the wifi in my house but no other wifi. When we visited a hotel my family could connect on their iPhone 7 but not me. I tried all the steps that apple recommended Including rebooting the router, iPhone, etc. No luck. Any suggestions?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 12:43 PM

Thanks. I talked to Apple support and the cause was a VPN client. The odd thing was the vpn was turned off but evidently was still interfering with wifi connectivity. On deleting the vpn everything worked.

3 replies

Jun 28, 2020 2:35 PM in response to puk98

If you’ve tried everything Apple has recommended, have reset your iPhone network settings (Settings > General > Reset), have ensured that there is no add-on anti-malware and no add-on VPN client, have tried the backup and reset and restore and reload, then you’re likely headed for another discussion with Apple and maybe for a repair.

Can only connect to one wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.