Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

making iTunes look at library in shared folder

Had to swap the HDD in my MBP to an SSD. Trying to restore the iTunes library from a back up.

Previously, had the iTunes library in /users/shared/Music/ITunes. If I recall correctly, all I needed to do was to remove the default iTunes library of a user and start iTunes which will prompt the user to select where the iTunes folder is.

Now, I've tried removing the default library then start iTunes but it does not ask where the iTunes library is and just creates a new library.

I've already change the iTunes→Preferences→Advanced→ location to the shared folder

How can I get iTunes to ask where the library is so it will show that content?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 2:43 PM

All I had to do was hold Option key down before starting iTunes!

Use multiple iTunes libraries on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

making iTunes look at library in shared folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.