Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone stole my macbook pro, how to find the thief

Someone stole my macbook pro, how to find the thief or what steps do i need to take?

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 9:50 PM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2020 10:25 PM in response to kunalwah

kunalwah Said:

"Someone stole my macbook pro, how to find the thief or what steps do i need to take?"

-------

Three Thoughts:

• Are you Certain it was Stolen?

If not, then backtrack your locations, and see if it has been come across, and placed aside (i.e. a cafe, or placed aside by the store manager) or contact law enforcement, and see if it has been come across.

• Did you Turn on Location Services?

If so, go here: Locate a device in Find My on Mac - Apple Support

• Track Using eMail Headers:

eMail your Mac, and see if you get a reply back - you would rack it down by looking at the eMail headers. Also, I would recommend that you eMail the culprit, requesting it back. If they reply - look at the eMail headers, and track the Mac down through use of the eMail headers. If you cannot eMail them, then have someone else do so, and view the eMail headers on their received-back eMail. It all has to to with network traffic - an eMail going through server-to-server, as it is sent.

Someone stole my macbook pro, how to find the thief

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.