Related Article: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I do if my computer is stolen

I believe my MacBook Pro 16" has been stolen. What do I need to do?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 15, 2022 7:53 PM

2 replies

May 15, 2022 8:05 PM in response to maehight

maehight Said:

"What do I do if my computer is stolen: I believe my MacBook Pro 16" has been stolen. What do I need to do?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Stollen Mac:

I. Start Here: Locate a Lost or Stolen Device - Apple Support

II. Secure your Account:

Having been suspiciously stollen, someone likely has your credentials. So, do four Things:

A. Re-Associate All Devices:

Disassociate all devices from your Apple Account, first.  Sign out of iCloud on all of your devices.. Go here to check the devices associated to your account: Check yourApple ID Device list to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Then, log in to your Apple iCloud Account on each device.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

By all means, consider modifying your credentials, starting with a new password.

D. Change the Password and Passcode:

What do I do if my computer is stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.