Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot verify server identity m.hotmail.com

Hi all, I have had this pop up on both my ipad 3rd Gen and iphone 8plus twice now as well as on my husbands iphone 8plus separate accounts all after last Update this week. I click on details and it shows a very long certificated dated to run out 2026. Then my emails stop working so I have to reset my network settings and do a hard restart and everything works until it pops up again about 5-7 days later. So in 14 days happened twice now. I have been on Apple Chat and called as well and deleted my hotmail email account and reinstalled it Only on ipad to see if this turns up again on both devices or just one. So i left my iphone as is and reinstalled my email on ipad to compare in a week etc. But why is this happening. Apple reports to me that they know of it but it is not their issue. I have logged a call with Outlook but 24 hrs still no contact or reply. Can someone help to stop this and will I eventually not be able to use my hotmail on my iphone and ipad? Apple say gmail, live.com & hotmail same issues reported to them in the past 14 days.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 11:41 PM

What happens when you click the "Details" on the error popup message (See the Pic below)

Best would be to Delete and Add the email account that is creating the issue.

You may also try changing SSL settings

Settings > Password & Accounts > [Select the Mail account} > [Tape on Account with the email ID} > Advanced > SSL Settings > [Disable]

Click <Account (in Blue)

Click on DONE (in Blue) when exiting in the previous screen

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 11:41 PM in response to Trizia123

What happens when you click the "Details" on the error popup message (See the Pic below)

Best would be to Delete and Add the email account that is creating the issue.

You may also try changing SSL settings

Settings > Password & Accounts > [Select the Mail account} > [Tape on Account with the email ID} > Advanced > SSL Settings > [Disable]

Click <Account (in Blue)

Click on DONE (in Blue) when exiting in the previous screen

Jul 3, 2020 12:54 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hi.

On my side, I got the same message on my iPad (latest version 13.5.1) when reading emails though I don’t have any hotmail account.

So I suspected one of the mails I had received. But none was coming from a hotmail address. Even those in the junk mail box.

Strangely, I even got this message while the Mail App was closed (not even in background) and while using Safari.

So I shut down and restarted the iPad and the message has disappeared .

Very strange !

cannot verify server identity m.hotmail.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.