Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro heating issues.

Hey! I've recently got my iPad Pro Replaced because of heating issues. It got hot just being turned on, and really hot while using procreate. I've got a new one and the problem happened again... I got a third one, and now its slightly better, but I'm still worried. Now, using it (it can only be safari, and This support page) it gets warmer on the longer left side. When using procreate it gest warm in the same place and in the middle on the bottom side (right where Apple logo is). It doesn't matter if its fresh, or with restored backup. Should I try to replace it again, or is it a normal thing?

Thanks in advance!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 6:46 AM

Some heat is normal. When you’re charging, but also when you’re using graphic’s intensive programs, which I think ProCreate is.

The general benchmark is ‘too hot to handle’, if the ipad is ever so hot you cannot comfortably hold and touch it then something could be wrong. If it’s just warm, then that’s just part of the process of using it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2020 6:46 AM in response to Lovikus

Some heat is normal. When you’re charging, but also when you’re using graphic’s intensive programs, which I think ProCreate is.

The general benchmark is ‘too hot to handle’, if the ipad is ever so hot you cannot comfortably hold and touch it then something could be wrong. If it’s just warm, then that’s just part of the process of using it.

iPad Pro heating issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.