Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 pro heating up

I bought my Iphone 12 pro only 3 weeks ago. At first it didn’t have any problems but now it has started to heat up.

It gets really warm or hot from the right corner.

And when you reboot it, it turns on extremely hot.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 10:29 PM

ii17 Said:

"Iphone 12 pro heating up: I bought my Iphone 12 pro only 3 weeks ago. At first it didn’t have any problems but now it has started to heat up. It gets really warm or hot from the right corner. And when you reboot it, it turns on extremely hot."

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You have 14 days to return it. Being it has been for than 14 days, it is the timespan is what makes all the difference here. So, this seems to be a faulty device, being it is overheating. If this were me, I would have this looked into by Apple. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, contact Apple Support. I would think the issue here is that the CPU is being overrun, or the cooling fans are not working properly.

So, to Get this Serviced:

You would either:

Contacting Apple Support:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And this makes sense, because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 10:29 PM in response to ii17

ii17 Said:

"Iphone 12 pro heating up: I bought my Iphone 12 pro only 3 weeks ago. At first it didn’t have any problems but now it has started to heat up. It gets really warm or hot from the right corner. And when you reboot it, it turns on extremely hot."

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You have 14 days to return it. Being it has been for than 14 days, it is the timespan is what makes all the difference here. So, this seems to be a faulty device, being it is overheating. If this were me, I would have this looked into by Apple. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, contact Apple Support. I would think the issue here is that the CPU is being overrun, or the cooling fans are not working properly.

So, to Get this Serviced:

You would either:

Contacting Apple Support:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And this makes sense, because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Iphone 12 pro heating up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.