Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adobe cs6

this is probably not new to many of you, but it was News to me.

I have a macbook pro from mid 2012. I recently upgraded OS to Catalina. I did see the message that some Adobe products may need upgrading. I just assumed my CS6 apps would need a free download, NOT that I would be required to go with the CCloud. Can I take the following route? . . . to uninstall Catalina and go with the latest OS version that will still allow the Adobe CS6 apps to function. And what version would that be? THANK YOU for any advice on this.

John

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 10:51 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 30, 2020 11:26 AM in response to JPLZ

I wouldn't go as far back as Yosemite. High Sierra was the last version of macOS to fully support 32 bit apps. CS6 is mostly 64 bit, but has 32 bit dependencies. That's why it won't run in Catalina. I do have the CS6 Master Collection installed in Mojave, but it takes specific updates from Adobe to get After Effects working.

You also don't want to go that far back for online security. Yosemite hasn't gotten any type of security updates for quite a while, and Safari in that OS is now way behind web standards.

Jun 29, 2020 11:15 AM in response to JPLZ

You can revert to the system you were using before upgrading to Catalina by following the directions in this Apple document: Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version - Apple Support 

I had an older version of PS when I upgraded to Catalina so purchased Photoshop Elements 2020. It does everything I needed from PS except for converting to CMYK. I use the demo version of GraphicConverter for those few times I need that.

If you plan on getting a new Mac of any sort in the future be aware that you will be forced to upgrade all of your 32 bit apps to 64 as new Macs can't run older systems.

Jun 29, 2020 3:43 PM in response to Old Toad

Thank you very much Old Toad for your quick reply. Still have issues. The main reason I upgraded to Catalina was that there were some compatibility issues with the new iPhone SE I just got, after my iphone5 just died. I believe I was using Yosemite 10.5. on the mac. So, why not then get the latest version of OS? Now I know, and thanks again for all your info. The Revert link you provided requires having a backup. I did not back up, didn't have the space. You mention work arounds for Photoshop. There of course are many other apps within Adobe CS6. Those too are all unusable. Do you think I can just reinstall Yosemite? JP

adobe cs6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.