Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open access to Photo's

When I open my camera from the lock screen, I have full access to my photo library. This means that anyone (e.g. someone who has stolen the phone) can open my camera and have full access to my photos. I often use my camera to copy important and confidential information.

Is there a way to stop this?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 2:38 PM

No you can not access the photo library without unlocking your device and if you have face id enabled and you look at your phone it will unlock it.

You can test this for yourself. Bend the phone at an angle, open the camera app, take a pic, and without staring at the phone screen, see if you can access all photos, you should get a pop for face id or passcode.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2020 2:38 PM in response to Paul-Hber

No you can not access the photo library without unlocking your device and if you have face id enabled and you look at your phone it will unlock it.

You can test this for yourself. Bend the phone at an angle, open the camera app, take a pic, and without staring at the phone screen, see if you can access all photos, you should get a pop for face id or passcode.

Open access to Photo's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.