Browsing pictures without unlocking phone

While swiping camera without unlocking

How can I block this? I don't want people just picking up my phone and start browsing my pictures!!

I looked in all the privacy and camera settings, but can't find how to block this

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 7:18 PM

There isn't a setting to block this because it shouldn't happen, unless it is your own phone and you are accidentally unlocking it with your fingerprint or your face (depending on which model you have).

2 replies

Jul 17, 2023 7:58 AM in response to Praveenpj6677

I've wondered about opening the camera from the lock screen, which gives access to Photos images. But I just tried covering my camera and, while the camera app opens and lets me take pictures with the primary camera, it only gives me access to pictures taken on that session-- not to the entire Photos Library.

Of course, if I don't cover the front camera, it sees that it's me, and it lets me view the entire library.

As markwmsn says, you have to get through password/face/fingerprint protection to scroll through Photos' images, so no need for an extra block.

Browsing pictures without unlocking phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.