Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Ipad Model

I am a student and currently looking for a new tablet note-taking device. The iPad caught my eye, however I am concerned that as soon as I make my purchace a newer iPad model will be released shortly after. My question is, is it worth purchacing the lower end iPad justnow or is it worth the wait for a potential newer model this year?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 1:35 PM

Its hard to say. Apple has had a rather erratic iPad release schedule the last few years.

The current 7th gen iPad was released in september of last year. The immediate predecessor in March of 2018. So no way to know wether Apple will or will not release one in this year.

If you need it now, buy it. If you can wait until September, then wait.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2020 1:35 PM in response to Innes_Aitken

Its hard to say. Apple has had a rather erratic iPad release schedule the last few years.

The current 7th gen iPad was released in september of last year. The immediate predecessor in March of 2018. So no way to know wether Apple will or will not release one in this year.

If you need it now, buy it. If you can wait until September, then wait.

New Ipad Model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.