Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have an idea why my messages app crashes every time i open it?? i also don’t receive notifications from it so i have no way of seeing any messages being sent to me. It’s been this way for a few months oops (my software is up to date)

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 1:57 PM

The first thing you can try is simply force-closing the Messages app and opening it back up. If that didn't do the trick, then try restarting your iPhone.

How to restart 

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. 
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off. 
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo. 

Hope it helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2020 1:57 PM in response to sequoia64

The first thing you can try is simply force-closing the Messages app and opening it back up. If that didn't do the trick, then try restarting your iPhone.

How to restart 

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. 
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off. 
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo. 

Hope it helps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.