Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect 3 Displays with Mac mini 2018

Hi all - I am thinking of purchasing three 27 Inch displays (e.g. Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor: U2719D, Samsung LS27R650FDEXXY 27inch IPS Professional LED Monitor or Samsung 27" LED Monitor S27F350FHE, 27, LS27R350FHEXXY) and would like to connect them to my Mac mini 2018.

Will display in 1920x1080 resolution.

I don't think the displays will have USB-C - only HDMI and/or DP.

Not being that technical, I would like some advice on how to execute this? Would I have to get a docking station to connect the 3 HDMI cables to and then connect the docking station to my Mac mini via HDMI? or USB-C?

Any suggestions on the most suitable docking station that will provide best performance and best value?

Would the graphics card in the Mac mini 2018 (Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB) be capable of 3x displays 27 Inch 1920x1080? Would I need an eGPU?

Also operating 3 displays - would the Mac dock show on all 3 displays or only 1 or wherever the cursor is? Would I be able to move windows between all 3 displays?

Any downsides, performance issues or pitfalls to watch out for?

Thanks

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 2:10 AM

You don't need a dock or eGPU. Connect one display to the Mac mini's HDMI port. Connect the other two to USB-C ports on the Mac mini. If the display has DisplayPort, use a USB-C to DisplayPort cable, otherwise use a USB-C to HDMI cable.

Use multiple displays with your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

How to connect 3 Displays with Mac mini 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.