Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and FaceTime number

Hi,

I’ve recently changed networks. I decided to keep my old number. The number has been transferred across. However, iMessage and FaceTime are still set to my new (unwanted) number. I’ve added my old number as an addition but my new number apparently takes precedence. Apple Support says ‘to remove This number, turn off FaceTime and IMessage.’ I have done this but still can’t remove the number. Turning iMessage and FaceTime back on simply reinstates the new/unwanted number. How can I resolve this?

thanks

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 11:41 AM

You need to change the number on your Apple ID. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage    

2 replies

Jun 30, 2020 12:32 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

Just to confirm, I can’t see a way to ‘change’ the default number assigned to my Apple ID. I’ve added the number I want as an additional number on the ‘Contactable at’ list in my AppleID Account settings. Turning my FaceTime/IMessage off makes my unwanted number disappear from this list.

Are you suggesting that leaving FaceTime/IMessage off for 24h will remove this number permanently or am I missing something here?

iMessage and FaceTime number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.