Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Passcode on Iphone 11

What should I do if I bought a used iPhone 11 for my 1st apple product and when i turn it on, it says I must enter a 6 digit passcode when powering on the device? I checked the IMEI online before i purchased it, and it said it was clean. What does this mean, and what do I do so that i can use the phone i purchased? Does this mean that the device is icloud LOCKED or does it just mean that it has icloud? New to apple products...hopefully this wont be a bad start for me. Any help is appreciated

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 2:17 PM

It may mean that the person you purchased the iPhone from didn’t do a factory reset before you bought it.

Before doing a factory reset, you may need to check with the buyer that they have backed all their data up.

Here’s how to do that (you will need a PC or Mac):

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
  2. Connect your device to your computer. 
  3. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the on-screen steps. If you’ve forgotten your passcode, get help
  4. Select your device when it appears on your computer. For an unresponsive device or one that won’t turn on, learn what to do. Or get help if your device doesn’t appear on your computer.
  5. Click Restore [device]. If you’re signed in to Find My, you need to sign out before you can click Restore.
  6. Click Restore again to confirm. Your computer erases your device and installs the latest iOS, iPadOS or iPod software.
  7. After your device has restored to factory settings, it will restart. Now you can set it up as new.

Thanks,

EpicX

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 2:17 PM in response to Snickerdool3_Snicks

It may mean that the person you purchased the iPhone from didn’t do a factory reset before you bought it.

Before doing a factory reset, you may need to check with the buyer that they have backed all their data up.

Here’s how to do that (you will need a PC or Mac):

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
  2. Connect your device to your computer. 
  3. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the on-screen steps. If you’ve forgotten your passcode, get help
  4. Select your device when it appears on your computer. For an unresponsive device or one that won’t turn on, learn what to do. Or get help if your device doesn’t appear on your computer.
  5. Click Restore [device]. If you’re signed in to Find My, you need to sign out before you can click Restore.
  6. Click Restore again to confirm. Your computer erases your device and installs the latest iOS, iPadOS or iPod software.
  7. After your device has restored to factory settings, it will restart. Now you can set it up as new.

Thanks,

EpicX

Forgot Passcode on Iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.