Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I recover permanently deleted photos?

Recently I realized that all my photos were deleted from all of my devices (phone, iPad, and MacBook) and when I checked my deleted folder on each device nothing was in any of the album. A months prior to realizing this, I had deleted all the photos from my iPad and since all of my devices were linked, I think that might have caused the photos to get deleted from each device. I did not know this would happen and never checked until it was too late. I fear that I have waited too long and I won't be able to get my photos back, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. I have already tried to restore the photos from my iPad using the iCloud backup, but there was only one backup from a couple days ago, thus no pictures. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to get my picture back, thanks!

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 7:28 PM

If it was more than 30 days ago, yes, they are gone for good. iCloud photo is a sync service to sync photos across all your devices. So a change made on any one device is reflected in icloud and across all devices linked to the same icloud account.

While photos are kept in the recently deleted album for 30 days, after 30 days they are purged for good.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 7:28 PM in response to marield26

If it was more than 30 days ago, yes, they are gone for good. iCloud photo is a sync service to sync photos across all your devices. So a change made on any one device is reflected in icloud and across all devices linked to the same icloud account.

While photos are kept in the recently deleted album for 30 days, after 30 days they are purged for good.

Can I recover permanently deleted photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.