Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Dictonary / Thesauraus on pages

Hi,

I am no longer able to look up words via the highlight/click function on pages - when I try and configure the dictionary I only have Wikipedia available. I can't seem to find any information on adding or downloading thesauruses / dictionaries to the newest edition of pages. It's driving me crazy!

I've tried to screen shot the dictionary window but am being told that the content is "not permitted" (!)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 5:57 AM

In your Applications folder resides the Apple Dictionary application. Open that, and from its Preferences, select and drag to organize the order of dictionaries you want presented. These will appear left to right in the Dictionary application toolbar, and top to bottom from the Lookup panel when you hove the mouse over a word and either type control+command+d, or use a simultaneous three-finger tap.

Pages does not provide for downloading or adding dictionaries.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 5:57 AM in response to el_dave

In your Applications folder resides the Apple Dictionary application. Open that, and from its Preferences, select and drag to organize the order of dictionaries you want presented. These will appear left to right in the Dictionary application toolbar, and top to bottom from the Lookup panel when you hove the mouse over a word and either type control+command+d, or use a simultaneous three-finger tap.

Pages does not provide for downloading or adding dictionaries.

Missing Dictonary / Thesauraus on pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.